Pages

Wednesday 24 July 2024

Hello! Project 2024 Summer ALL OF US

 My first H!P concert since before COVID! I was generally so irrationally nervous on the way there: what if I'm going to the wrong place? What if there's a problem with my ticket? What if my seat has a shit view?

The moment Morning Musume came out and the music started I started crying. They're all so beautiful! There's literally no member who isn't an absolute superstar. Haga has grown so much since I went into fandom hibernation, I'm so happy for her. Rio and Miki were shining as always. I know a lot of people don't like it but SaikiYOU is an amazing song. The intensity is so much fun. I'm not crazy about the rap part but the chorus is so good. Nandaka Sentimental na Toki no Uta I don't like quite as much but it's quite different from a lot of other MM songs (very theatrical and dramatic).

As for the other groups, I've followed them even less closely than MM so I don't really know any of the recent additions (recent= ANGERME=anyone after Layla, Juice=anyone after Ruru lol, Tsubaki= anyone who joined after Risa left, Beyo= I still know all the members, yay!, Ocha= I don't really know the group at all, but remember a lot of them as KSS, Rosy= same as above)



ANGERME: probably caught my attention the least, but they weren't bad. My eyes were almost always on Ayano, I'm so sad she's leaving. This was probably the last time I'll see her live... When she joined KSS I talked a lot about how I wanted her a Takase to be a duo unit like W. I guess it will never happen now... I was also drawn to this really cute, tiny girl who I later learnt to be Wakana. I suppose she'll be my new favourite after Moe and Layla are gone.

Juice=Juice: Couldn't take my eyes off Ruru, she's stunning. I hope she sticks around for a long time and gets a solo career when she's done. After her, I don't really care for any of the other members, but did occasionally notice my eyes drifting over to Riai. I also loved Ichika when she was a KSS but I didn't notice her so much this time.

Tsubaki Factory: I was surprised by how much I liked their new songs, No member really grabbed my eye but I thought their performance was really good and they're group image made them stand out from the other groups quite nicely. Back in the day, they were already my least favourite group but I have to admit they put on a good show.

Beyooooonds: amazing, incredible. Takase has my heart but it's impossible not to love every member. Particularly, I like that Momohime, Utano, and Saya have dyed their hair. They all look great but Saya especially wowed me. Due to an injury, Miyo didn't participate in the dancing, just sitting perched on the stage like a sexy lounge singer. She still sang beautifully and it was funny watching the other girls break formation to go interact with her.

Ocha Norma: The only members I can identify on sight are Madoka, Kanami, and Kirara, but they performed really well. They performed their upcoming single, and I really liked it. Back in ye olde days, I thought Kirara was a little overrated but she's completely won me over, definitely ace material. Happy birthday to Natsume!

Rosy Chronicle: Ahhhh! so cute. Their original song is the most idol-like music H!P has made in a while. So catchy and fun! Vocally definitely still a little rough but everyone was pleasant to listen to. Of the members, I remember baby Yulia and am so happy to see her debut. Hasumi, I remember not liking too much (I'm ashamed to admit, I didn't find her cute), but seeing her live really won me over. She's very charismatic. The rest of the girls I can't recognise yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment