Pages

Monday 29 September 2014

The numbers of morning musume?

With the 12th gen about to be announced I wanted to think of something interesting to write about during the wait. I finally came up with an idea I liked... the day before the announcement... I hope I finish it...
So today we will be looking a how lucky each generation has been by using the most scientific method possible... Lucky numbers! Lets see how accurate this is.
'Cus why not?




lucky-
8 - the kanji for 8 and the kanji for "wealth, prosper" are pronounced the same way in Japanese
.
Ok... I don't think this one was very lucky... Junjun and Linlin weren't very popular and were quickly disposed of and Aika got injured and left...

9- lucky in china due to being the number of the emperor.
This lot have done rather well for themselves. Especially Riho. Kanon gets the least attention but even she has some pretty dedicated fans. (myself included)

3- considered luck in Italy and Sweden due to belief in the holy trinity and the phrase "All good things come in groups of three"
Goto Maki made morning musume what it is today. I'd say the third gen was pretty lucky.

4- Considered lucky in Germany due to the number of leaves on a four leaf clover
The 4th gen is a lot of peoples favorite so I guess that makes them lucky. But then again poor Kago Ai did not have the best time of it with scandles and stuff...

7- considered lucky in a variety of countrues including the UK and USA
Considering her, what some would call non-existent, vocal talent she was pretty lucky...

and not the unlucky-

9- can be pronounced "ku" meaning suffering in japanese

Maybe the others are unlucky for being in a generation with miss line hogger (bet you can't guess who I mean)

4- pronounced in japanese and chinese in the same way as the word for "death"

two words, Kago Ai.

7- the seventh month in the Chinese calender is the "ghost month"

Are you kidding me? she got a solo career!!!

So then wasn't that educational? I'll report back tomorrow with my thoughts on the 12th gen.
see you soon!


2 comments: