Pages

Thursday 17 July 2014

something I found interesting

Most of you  have probably already seen this but I hadn't until now and it's content surprised me. For those of you to lazy to click the link (what are you doing with your life?) it leads to a translation of a blog post by ex-member of juice=juice. It describes her reasons for leaving which were previously given as there being issues with her family about the contract. Lets take a look shall we?



"Good evening everyone ♪"

-Hiya how you doing?

"Just as it says in the title、
There’s 「something I want to convey」、
The sequence of events that led to today、 my feelings、
I think it’ll get quite long、
But I think I want to tell it anyway。"
-Cool go for it


"Firstly、 I loved singing ever since I was a kid、
Vaguely、 I thought that、 I’d like to become a singer in the future。
And as a child、I came upon ℃-ute-san’s music、
And I think that there are some who know of this、
But I looked up to Okai-san、 and liked her very much。"
- Me too! ( I'm really warming up to this girl)

It was just about time when it all started
Getting to the the Morning Musume。9th generation auditions、
I was unsuccessful at that audition、
But I got called to be a Kenshuusei (Hello! Pro Egg at the time)、
So I started activities as a Hello! Pro Kenshuusei。
- Yep you sure did


I’m saying this now、
But when I got to the auditions、
In the mind of 6th grade primary school student Otsuka Aina、

I’ll get to meet with Okai-san if I get into Morning Musume。!


Those were my thoughts。
Basically、at the time
- wow it's sometimes hard to remember that idols  are just ordinary people, like you and me.


I’d never really seriously thought about things like、
Wanting to join Morning Musume。、
Or wanting to début、
What I had been seriously thinking about、

Was that I wanted to meet Okai-san、
I’ll meet her if I pass、

That was it lol
So when I got the call to become a Kenshuusei、
If I appealed to them by working hard as a Kenshuusei、
I might just be picked for a Hello! Con and get to meet Okai-san!?
With all that going through the brain of Otsuka Aina at the time、
I practised with everything I had for it to happen。
- Do they really say lol in japan? I had no idea...


There were also several auditions during my tenure as a Kenshuusei、
But my feelings were the same。

I was aware of débuting、
But thinking realistically、
Little by little I made appearances at Hello! Cons、
「I want to meet Okai-san!」
Having achieved that goal、
Those feelings settled down。

It might be obvious、
But the members of the Kenshuusei around me、
Had goals like
「I want to début」
「I want to be an idol」、
Having regained my composure、 I felt that conciousness around me
And became aware that
「I want to be among them too」。
- I wonder if the other kenshuusei are annoyed after reading this.


Of course、up to then
In conversations with those around me
「It would be great to début」 or、
「Let’s work hard so that we’ll get to début」
I’d respond with
「Yup、 let’s do our best」、
But I thought that it was something unrelated to myself…
- It must have been annoying at the time for tsukapon 


Thinking about it philosophically、
「Do I want to début as an idol?」
That was the first doubt that had been born in my mind。
- I love it when you think philosocally

Everyone has their own values which may not be public、
But for me、 putting aside my preferences、
Idols are people who would be
「Thought of as cute (pretty) by anyone (by a lot of people)」。

I never thought of myself as being cute、
And I was far from the image I had of what an idol was、
So I thought that it would be impossible for myself to be an 「idol」。
Beginning from then
I started worrying about whether I should continue on as a Kenshuusei、
I recalled the feelings I had、
From my vague childhood dream
「I want to be a singer」。
And when I reflected up to then
I felt that my own singing prowess hadn’t improved。
- WHAT!? Aina your adorable!

The singing prowess of myself at the time (of course, even now)
I thought that I was leagues away from being called a singer at my level。
So at the time, I’d been hanging on for several years、
And I was thinking that while I was a Kenshuusei
I’d like to build up my singing prowess, even if just by a little。

It was at that time that I was selected for a new unit。
-OMG I remember that!

Since I’d never thought that I’d get to début at my level of ability、
I thought it would be somebody else’s problem、 and the moment my name was called out、 I got scared。

It was from then that we started talking、
That continuing in this condition would be impossible。

But on the other hand、
Since it wasn’t the case that we’d début immediately、
So with everything I had up to then、
I thought positively、
That I could just satisfactorily build up my ability 。
Instead I became worried about my singing、
And I truly felt at the time that I couldn’t develop in that condition。
And like that…、 in a rush、

Our major début was announced。
 - Why couldn't they have just waited a few more months for the major debut? She might still have left but if they had discussed this with Aina they would know she did not feel ready.

I got really worried。

I thought that I’d be able to develop if we got to début。
But、 at the rate I’d been developing so far、
I considered the circumstances after our début、 and had discussions、
I thought that it would be difficult to expect only reasonable growth after our début。

But then I thought that、
There are people who are cheering me on、 looking over me warmly。
I thought that I’d do my best
For the sake of those who were cheering me on。
I was praised、 by everyone、 that my singing was excellent。
Receiving such praise really made me glad。
However、 being unable to sing songs convinvingly、
It was extremely complicated for me…

And with my personality、
I thought that someday I’d be spoilt by that warmth、 that kindness。
I thought that、
If I got spoilt、
I might stop developing someday。
- it's surprising to hear such a young girl worrying about stuff like this. I guess she's quite mature for her age.

Worrying and worrying…、
My family and those close to me told me that、 it would be such a waste、 or、
Is it really all right?

Perhaps、 I thought that if only I had the ability for a CD début、
I wouldn’t be worried。
However、 having a CD début with my abilities as they were、
I couldn’t assent, no matter what。
- What does she mean by assent?  Is it something weird in the translation?


What I had chosen、 was to sing songs convincingly、 by myself。
No matter how many years might pass、 be it 10 years or 20 years、
Though I might not be able to attain that level、
Yet、 I thought that、 until I’m satisfied、 I’d like to aim to be a singer。

Everyone who cheered me on、
I’m grateful from the depths of my heart。
Thank you so very much。
And、 for being unable to live up to your expectations、
I truly am sorry。
- Daww! It's okay!


Otsuka Aina is presently、

Neither an idol
Nor a singer。

With my eye on becoming a singer、 I’m just a regular high school student。

No matter how many years may pass、I’ll improve little by little from now on、
And someday when I have the confidence to call myself a singer、
I think I’d like to go on with musical activities。

And once again、 everyone
Even if it’s only a single person who’s interested、
I think I want to do my best。

It ended up being quite long、
But this is something I wanted to convey 「Something I want to convey」。

For reading until the end、
I deeply thank you very much。



omg... I'm actually crying... She's just so sweet... Tsukapon I wish you all the best in becoming a singer.

No comments:

Post a Comment